Wheres summer gone

Kia ora,

Today I have been writing a poem about this summer. This summer has felt more like winter than summer so I was wondering where did summer go? I clearly haven’t found it because It’s still raining.We just got a new pool put in and I got so fed up with the rain that I went swimming in the thunderstorm. My friend was so scared she was going to be hit by lightning that she tried to stay under water the whole time.

I enjoyed writing this poem because it was really fun.

Where do you live? Has it been raining there?

One thought on “Wheres summer gone

1. Hi Irelyn,

It’s Emma here again,

What a sad summer poem, you have conveyed the emotions I’m sure everyone is feeling about the summer this year. I have to agree, it has definitely not been a very happy summer so far, we really have had a lot of rain!

How exciting that you have just got a new pool, hopefully the sun comes out before school starts again so you can enjoy it! Swimming in the rain can also be a lot of fun too, as long as it’s not too cold. You should always stay inside during thunderstorms though if there is lightening about. Did you know that water conducts electricity? This means that we should stay dry indoors away from water when there is lightening so that the electricity can not travel through us!

Thanks for sharing Irelyn, heres hoping for some warmer weather coming our way.

Emma – SLJ