Acrostic poem

Kia ora, 

Today I have been writing some acrostic poems about fireworks and daisies. I love fireworks because of their bright colours and loud sound and sometimes we go to speedway to watch the cars race before new years and then set off the most amazing firework and hand out light reflecting glasses which makes them look bigger and closer and makes them go all rainbow. Another thing I love is daisy. I love summer and I love daisies. They are so delicate and grow big bunches.

To write an acrostic poem first you need to choose a topic. It can be an object of a person like a fireman. Then you need to write that word vertically going down your piece of paper.Then using the letters in the word write more words describe your topic.

One thought on “Acrostic poem

1. Hi Irelyn,

It’s Emma here again from the Summer Learning Journey.

What a fantastic and vibrant acrostic poem. Acrostic poems really make you think about what to write, which often means we have to be more creative. You have don an excellent job.

Thos light reflecting glasses sound awesome, I have never tried them before but would love to. I have tried glasses that create shapes out of light though. You put them on and any light you look at will look like a shape such as a love heart or a flower!

Daisies definitely mark the start of summer for me, I love making daisy chains in the garden. Have you made a daisy chain before? It is a lot of fun to do with friends on a quiet afternoon.

You have written a great acrostic poem and the explanation you have added I’m sure will inspire anyone coming across your blog to give it a go themselves.

Thanks for sharing Irelyn,

Emma – SLJ